Sunday, July 20, 2014

Dinner Day 3 - Black Bean Tacos

Alex was craving Taco Bell today, and honestly, a Crispy Potato Soft Taco sounded amazing. Never fear! We didn't cave, but I did go to Pinterest to find some vegan taco ideas.

Inspired by this post http://www.thegardengrazer.com/2014/05/black-bean-tacos-with-avocado-cilantro.html (I didn't use her recipe or make any measurements, but I did add jalapeno to the avocado sauce, and had jalapenos, tomatoes, and romaine on the side.


For our salad, we just used romaine and cut up two mangoes to dress it with, along with a little balsamic vinegar (I'm a fan of balsamic vinegar, which is surprising because I don't usually like vinegar much).

Considering all of the beans, and the avocado, I guess this was a higher fat meal overall than we should have regularly on the nutritarian diet, but it sure was a better choice (and better tasting!) than Taco Bell.

I've been filling up pretty quickly on each meal today, and didn't need an after work snack today. Interestingly, I had considerably more energy today than yesterday, I went to Randazzo's again (needed a few more things for the next few days and the jalapenos and avocado) and I mowed the lawn, AND cooked. I honestly usually have a hard time getting things done after I get home from work. Tomorrow I need to stop procrastinating washing the dishes, and I think I'll be motivated to do so!

Honestly, I've had a few cravings, but I'm already feeling pretty good. I'm almost worried, like I should probably display more withdrawal symptoms so maybe I'm not doing it right? I think I'm doing it pretty close to how it should be done though. It helps that I'm so excited to, and so invested in getting healthy, so the cravings aren't so bad. If only I could get so excited about quitting smoking, but I think that's going to have to wait for a little while - until I'm not so tempted to stress eat.

Anyways! Check out the recipe for the black bean tacos and avocado sauce, because they were amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment