Saturday, July 19, 2014

Dinner Day 2

I water sauteed the vegetables below, and sprinkled them with lemon pepper and lemon juice and they were really good. Next time I may serve it over a half cup or so of quinoa to get a little more protein.

 It was the first time I'd ever had swiss chard and I really liked it. I may cook more with chard instead of spinach like I usually do. I also had a big kale and mixed spring greens salad with balsamic vinegar and strawberries, also very good.
My phone died before I could photograph dessert, but it was a strawberry peach apricot smoothie and it was SO GREAT. I'll definitely be making it again and I'll take pictures then. I'm going to post the recipe here though.
3 peaches, peeled if desired, pits removed
4-6 apricots, very cold ( I put mine in the freezer for an hour or so beforehand.)
4-6 strawberries
Around a half cup of almond milk
2-3 handfuls of ice
Blend until smooth enough to drink with a straw. Serves 2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment