Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Day 5. Oh my gosh!

I was pretty busy these last 24 hours. I had an interview today, and spent most of yesterday getting ready for it. I got the job (yay!) it's a serving position, so I've spent most of today going over the menu for the restaurant I'll be working in.

Dinner yesterday was eggplant "parmesan," with tomatoes, onions, pasta sauce, nondairy mozzarella shreds, and nutritional yeast flakes, along with a big salad with lots of veggies in it.

Breakfast today was a big smoothie with blueberries, strawberries, banana, spinach, and a peach
We skipped lunch today, and as a result I think dinner was a lot more difficult as far as cravings went.
We had bean tacos with leftover avocado sauce because it seemed the easiest to make (we were pretty hungry) and it was HOT outside and in, so we didn't have to turn the oven/stove on.

We kind of felt that we might not be getting enough calories, but that could also be our bodies going through withdrawal (I'll go back to feeling suspiciously good please!) I dunno, if we're still feeling this way by the end of next week we may have to add something in. Any opinions on the balance between under-eating and over-eating?

It's a lot of mass to eat as much food as I'd like to (on this diet), and I don't know that my stomach is big enough for it? Of course maybe all of this was just caused by skipping lunch. I know I'm in no rush to not eat lunch again.

I am pretty excited I got the job though. I hope I get to the point pretty soon where I don't have to think so much about what I'm doing for every meal, that I can just make something quick on the spot. Relying on finding recipes and hoping you're in the mood for whatever is planned for each day is some work. Honestly I haven't been following the 7-day meal plan as laid out in the book for a couple days already. So I'm getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment