Friday, July 18, 2014

Becoming Nutritarian (for at least 6 weeks)

My boyfriend (Alex) and I finally hit a breaking point. We're both very overweight, and tired of it. We're only 22 so we've only damaged our bodies so much, but neither of us wants to have a heart attack at 30 (or ever, really). We want to feel good about ourselves, and feel good just in general.

I read Dr. Fuhrman's Eat to Live, and it made sense to me. I've never really gone on a diet before, just tried to eat healthier, because no diets ever seemed quite right to me. The nutritarian diet fits, I think.

The goals for daily consumption are:
1 pound of raw vegetables
1 pound of cooked vegetables
1 cup of beans
1 serving of whole grains
1 ounce of nuts and/or seeds or two ounces of avocado
At least 4 fruits

In Eat to Live, there's conveniently already one weeks worth of recipes and a meal plan for that first week. I think that by the end of the first week I should be able to create my own meals, or at least have a feel for what I should be eating every day.

I'm starting this blog mostly to use as motivation. If I'm obligated to you, good reader, (hi mom and dad!) I'm more likely to continue on for 6 weeks. My goal is to want to continue this diet after the six weeks have passed, that I'll feel so good, I don't crave the cheese and ice cream and chocolate as much.

Today, Friday July 18th, through August 29th expect food posts, feelings, and hopefully some awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment